Tom attended Philadelphia Bible University and was a youth leader prior to starting LightShine. In college, Tom majored in pastoral studies but realized his passion was in the area of evangelistic music ministry and missions.
Tom and his wife Ruth were married in 1985 and have three children Alex, Ryan and Chloe (pictured here). They attend Hope Community Church which is an Evangelical Free Church in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania. You can read their pastor's letter of recommendation by clicking HERE.
Tom's conviction and focus in ministry is based on developing relationships with unchurched people and changing their preconceived negative attitudes towards followers of Jesus Christ. He is excited about using modern, cutting edge methods for building respect which leads to open communication with people who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Some of these tools include modern worship music and the vast array of tools on the Internet. He is also committed to building life long relationships and encouraging others to serve with their God given talents and skills (Ephesians 2:10). His passion is local church ministry and encouraging the Body of Christ (all living Christians) to put off all those things that entangle us (Hebrews 12:1-2) in order to fully embrace our callings in these last days.
Please consider supporting the Denlinger family monthly as missionaries with LightShine. CLICK HERE to support Tom & Ruth Denlinger. As ministry director Tom's job description includes:
1. Communicating and talking vision with contacts (hosts) in Alaska – new ideas, dreaming with them about the "what ifs" for their church or ministry – in person and through email and by telephone
2. Setting up team assignments with hosts in Alaska – establishing dates, transportation to and from airports, food, lodging, building projects, tools, building materials, etc.
3. Setting up team assignments in Pennsylvania – with staff, web design and newsletter (graphic design).
4. Talking vision and communicating with people in Pennsylvania – speaking in churches, website, emails, newsletter, in person
5. Looking for Team Members in Pennsylvania – speaking in churches, website design, emails, (graphic design) newsletter, personal contacts, etc.
6. Solidifying teams in Pennsylvania – personal contacts, setting team schedules
7. Preparing and "grooming" teams in Pennsylvania by emails and team meetings.
8. Taking the team to Alaska – all aspects of team leadership – completing the assignment
9. Personal follow-up for all Team Members in Pennsylvania
10. Specific follow-up to hosts in Alaska
11. Doing all the above for every team
12. Tom is also a worship leader and guitarist who does monthly events for LightShine Ministries in various churches.
All this takes time - lots of time. There is a need to speak in churches and find more skilled team members to do the various jobs we are asked to do. Supporting Tom and Ruth will help them do that because it will allow Tom to devote more time to the tasks at hand. And don't forget, all of this work is building up people and strengthening the ministries of local churches all over Alaska.
You can also give directly and securely with your credit card HERE
Never forget that all of your missionary support is tax deductible.
You can contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever have any questions, concerns or observations. Thank you so much.